Driving from within

Sunday, December 18, 2005

For the riot today, it's quite a good experience for the HK police who haven't experience any riot of this scale before, haven't experience the riot in 70s. Ha, I really wanna be one of the police so that I can help to maintain the order.

HK Island is a small place? mm.. maybe... when the transportation system is well organized, you may find travelling from one end to another end in HK island is easy. But with some disorder like today, the transportation in Wan Chai was blocked. Then you will find it hard to travel from one place to another. Then it looked HK island is such a big place...

While there 's riot since this afternoon, my life wasn't affected. After work, I went to swim. It's quite good! The water was warm, and there were not many ppl. After the great swim, I thought about where I was going. While it was only 4pm, we would have family dinner at 8pm. Having so much spare time, and having the DC on hand, I thought "why not go to take the ferry and take pictures of Central?" That's why I walked to the TST to take the ferry and took pictures of the Central reclamation. MM... the Star Ferry Pier gonna disappear.... shit.










More photos are here.

Walking in TST and Central, it 's like in another world. I never realized there were so many Chinese speaking English (but actually it's not English, rather it's like Singlish). From the 7-11 in TST, in the book shop, and in the Pacific Coffee, you would hear ppl speaking english in a way like " you may think about la..." "xxxx ga ma...". I started to realize why the accent of singlish is different from english. Maybe they wanna incoporate those "la", "ma" "le" into it.....

Bought Chris Patten's book "Not Quite The Diplomat". Hope that I could conquer this book.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home