Driving from within

Sunday, November 20, 2005

Never been to such a happy wedding banquet, maybe besides it's Ching's wedding day, it's a swimming team gathering! Many of those you can never meet easily, you could meet yesterday. Actually we didn't see and talk to Ching so frequently, rather we just kept talking and taking photos ourselves.

Me, Lok and 啫喱 (cos he's called Jeremy). Jelly was one of those I respect in the swimming team. I first met him when I joined the BIS O'camp, he's one of the group leaders. He led me to my first Inter-collegiate medal in swimming in 200m Freestyle. He got the second, and he built up my confidence to get the third! He's such a cool and funny guy. He never talk photos in serious face, I think this is one of the rare photos that he looked normal, haha.

Fish and Franco. haha.. Franco said he never saw Fish in such a "woman" feel...

Gary, me, Lok and Wing. Yee Man was in the middle. I still remembered Jelly called Yee Man as the 人肉坦克車...haha...

Of course, we had to take photos with Mrs Ngai. I have been knowing Mrs for 8 years, I feel so close to her. She has such a good memory (or she has some memory for each she knows), that she still remembered me that in the summer of second year, I was absent in the training once in a while because I had to go dancing with my mum... (frankly yes, my mum). I was slapped twice by her because of some personal matters. I felt sorry for letting her down, but something was just unavoidable.

Many said I looked thinner (actually I think it's just my face). Maybe many said I still looked young. If getting fat is one of the way to show the maturity, then I am very immature. It made me feel I am seriously lagged behind others...


Got home at 1130pm lastnight, and then I got up at 430am to catch the bus to Tin Shui Wai, for the Nike 10k. 2298... that's my number.

This time I got a even closer position to the starting point, such that only some top runners are in front of us. And it was really easier to run at the front. I got a nice run in the first 5km, and it just took 20min. That's when I slacked a bit, maybe I was too confident that I could finish it within 40 minutes. Then I found that the 1km followed was slower than I expected. There are many times that I might be too confident that I could get a good result, which resulted the otherwise (like in the HK champ or uchamp before). I think this time I have found some ways to modify my mind so that I have the motivation to fight.

At last, even I didn't finish it within 40min, I am 2 minutes faster than last year, 41:57.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home