Driving from within

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Just be informed that I got the offer from HKO as a programmer. Different to my current post, Research Assistant, the salary of programmer is more. So I 'd say I get promoted!

A friend asked why didn't I find jobs from companies outside, as the salary will be even higher (her current salary is higher than me right now, and she 's asking for more). What I think is, I am not experienced enough in IT field with respect to the number of years I have been working. So I think even I go to find jobs outside, the companies may not offer me the same salary as now. With the coming post of programmer, I think the requirement in IT skills is higher, so I got a chance to learn more practises in programming, and project management. I think Iwill take it as a stepping stone to connect to the requirements of IT jobs. What's more, I know I would have a chance to look at a larger system in the new job, and I wanna look at a larger system. So I 'd say this is the job I want, at this moment.

Thinking about money again, a friend said why I looked so concern on money, on how much I spend. Maybe because I put a relatively large portion of my income in the saving and investment. Maybe people would start to think about having a car at this moment, and I do think I have this ability, but I just choose not to do this. I 'd rather look for opportunities in investment. Maybe when I earn more, I would think on spending more. But basic need is what I will spend on first.

Even got the job, somehow I still feel a little bit unhappy. I am not saying that I am not happy for getting a new job, but somehow there's something else that made me unahppy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home